Polaris Corporate Solutions GmbH regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as important to our successful operations and to the protection of confidence of those with whom we deal. As such this statement will apply equally to all of our website users irrespective of where they are based.
We will ensure that all of our employess obtain, use and disclose personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection, as set out in the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and Austrian Datenschutzgesetz 2000 - DSG 2000 (the »Acts«). We shall apply the Acts globally, except where part or all of any local law will prevail.
In particular we will:
- observe the conditions in the Acts regarding the fair collection and use of personal information (please see below regarding personal information collected via our website);
- meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which we process personal information, this information being set out in our Data Protection Policy but also on the following websites; www.dpr.gov.uk or www.dsb.gv.at.
- collect and process appropriate personal information, only to the extent that it is needed to fulfill our operational needs or to comply with any legal requirement;
- ensure the accuracy of any personal information kept by us;
- ensure that the rights of people about whom personal information is held, are able to be exercised fully under the Acts;
- take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information;
- ascertain that personal information is not transferred outside the European Economic Area without suitable safeguards or agreement from the individual.
What do we do with your Personal Information?
We may use your personal information to contact you from time to time by post, phone, or email with details about other related insurance products or services offered by Polaris Corporate Solutions GmbH which we think will be of interest to you, whether in a personal or a business sense. Polaris Corporate Solutions GmbH will use your personal information to provide you with the best online experience possible, to provide you with a personalised service and to give you details of related services / offers which we think will be of interest to you. We will disclose your information to third parties outside the Polaris Corporate Solutions GmbH only for the purpose of obtaining professional advice, providing our services to you and for the purposes of associated administration. We will not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties outside the Polaris Corporate Solutions GmbH for marketing purposes.
If we collect personal information via our website, we will endeavour to ensure that you are informed as to:
- the purpose for collecting the information,
- what the information will be used for,
- the identity of anyone else to whom the information will be given and what they will use it for,
- how you can request copies of any personal information we hold on you.
Please note that where our website contains links to other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and this statement applies solely to any personal information collected by our website.
IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We only use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer our website, track general user movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.